[tab title=”Cooking Time”]
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields 4 servings; 4 = 1/4 of the recipe
1 Carbohydrate, 2 3/4 vegetable, 1/2 fat, 3 1/2 lean meat
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 bell peppers ( you pick the color)
- 2 carrots (shredded or chopped)
- 1 can 5 ounces of water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 3 cups shredded romain lettuce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted peanuts
- In a small mixing bowl mix the first 3 ingredients.
- Cook chicken how you prefer ( broil, barbeque or bake) While cooking, continue to brush on 2 tablespoons of the sauce that you just mixed)
- Cut chicken into desired thickness and shape
- Add all of your goodies into the remaining sauce. Combine with the lettuce and toss to coat the entire salad.
- Add the peanuts to garnish and voila!
( Retrieved from http://www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com/index.html )