Our leaders are a collective of are compassionate individuals who possess a deep commitment to serving the community and addressing food insecurity. They bring together diverse skills and expertise to guide the organization, working diligently to foster positive change and create a lasting impact in New York City.
In 1998, Dr. Melony Samuels pioneered one of NYC’s essential emergency food programs to help struggling families in Brooklyn. Today, The Campaign Against Hunger has expanded it’s reach throughout the every borough, ensuring every New Yorker has access to nutritious affordable food.
Board of Directors
CEO & Founder
Broadway Stages, Ltd.
Founder, J & L Communications
Managing Director, Credit Suisse
Marketing Manager, Humana Inc.
Founding Shareholder, Kaiser Saurborn & Mair, P.C.
Board Treasurer | Analyst, Emerson Point Capital LP
Board Vice Chair | Senior Manager of Pro Bono, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Red Stone Equity Partners, Partner
Chair | Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Vice Chair | National Harm Reduction Coalition
Secretary | NYC Department of Education
Treasurer | Aterian, Inc.
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
VITA Wellness Center
American University of Antigua MD Candidate
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Stephanie Josephs, HR/Contracts Specialist
Development & Communications
- Racquel Grant, Development and Communications Director
- Alison Kase, Marketing and Communications Associate
Programs & Services
- Tamara Dawson, Director of Programs
- Carol Bancroft – Custodial Care Manager
- Daniel Wright – Community Wealth Manager
- David Pedley – Systems and Maintenance Manager
- Howard Brown, Youth Empowerment Manager
- Jenae Joseph, Agricultural Production Manager
- Michael Schaefer, Volunteer Manager
- Ochael Watson – Interim Warehouse Manager
- Paul Jones – Choice-pantry Manager
- Tracey Johnson, Executive Chef
- Tristan Paige – Farmer’s Market Manager
- Wanetta – Interim Warehouse Supervisor