Recipe by: http://www.diabetes-self-mgmt.com/dir_rec.html Posted to EAT-LF Digest by email@example.com on Apr 22, 1999, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
( Retrieved from http://www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com/index.html )
[tab title=”Cooking Time”]
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7-10 minutes
Yields 8 servings
Dietary exchanges per serving: 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 bread, 1 meat, 1 fat 329calories (29% from fat) 33.7g carbo, 25.3g pro, 10.1g fat Servings: 8
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 1 qt -water, boiling
- 1 cup Carrots, diced finely
- 1 cup Potatoes, diced
- 2 can Clams, chopped, 6 1/2 oz with juice
- 1 tbsp Pimentos, chopped
- 1/4 cup Wine, dry white
- FOR WHITE SAUCE: 1/4 cup Margarine, 1/4 cup Flour, 1 gal Skim milk
- Saute the mushrooms, celery, and onion in 1/4 c margarine in a heavy saucepan. Add the water, carrots, and potatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are simmering, make a roux by melting 1/4c of margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir inflour and mix well. Add the skim milk and stir occasionally untilthickened. Set aside.
- When the vegetables are tender, add clams with their juice, the pimentos, and white wine. Add the white sauce. Cook 10 minutes longer. Serve piping hot.