Egg and veggie breakfast wrap that’s easy enough for any day of the week. ( Retrieved from http://www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com/index.html )
[tab title=”Cooking Time”]
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7-10 minutes
Yields 8 servings; Serving size: 1 tortilla
Per serving: Calories (272); Carbohydrates (38 g); Protein (14); Fat (7 g); Saturated Fat (2 g); Sodium (496 mg); Fiber (5 g) Exchanges per serving: 2 starch 1 vegetable 1 medium-fat meat [/tab]
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium Onion; chopped
- 1 Green pepper; chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes; chopped
- 1 cup Salsa; divided
- 1 cup Frozen whole-kernel corn
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- ¾ cup Canned pinto beans; drained
- 1 tablespoon Taco seasoning mix; dry
- 8 Flour tortillas; 8 inches across
- ¾ cup Shredded reduced-fat cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Egg whites
1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add onion and green pepper and sauet? over medium-high heat until tender.
2. Add tomato, 3/4 cup salsa, corn, and black pepper. Heat thoroughly and set aside.
3. Place beans, taco seasoning mix and remaining salsa in blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese.
4. Combine eggs and egg whites; beat well. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot. Add egg mixture and cook, stirring often, until the mixture is firm but still moist. Spoon the egg mixture evenly over the tortillas and then spoon the vegetable mixture evenly over eggs. Roll up the tortillas and secure them with toothpicks, if necessary.
5. Garnish with more salsa if desired, and serve immediately.