This diabetic steak recipe is hot and spicy. My husband loves this marinade for his steaks, and all of his buddies always ask him to make this. Little do they know, it’s pretty simple to make this food recipe. ( Retrieved from http://www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com/index.html )
[tab title=”Cooking Time”]
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Marinating time: 30minutes
Cooking Time: 14-20 minutes
Yields 4 servings
233 calories per serving
- 1 1/4 lb Beef chuck eye steaks, boneless, cut 1″ thick
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 2 cl Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Oregano leaves, dried
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper pods, crushed
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Combine oil, chili powder, garlic, oregano and red pepper pods in small frying pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Add vinegar and sugar, stirring to combine. Place beef steaks in plastic bag; add cooled marinade, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade and place on grid over medium coals. Grill 14 to 20 minutes for rare to medium, turning once. Season with salt. Carve into thin slices.
SOURCE: Marinate and Grill Beef Recipes, 1991 Beef Industry Council fromSimply Southern the Fall 1994 Southern Living Cooking School Typos by NancyColeman.