Recipe for Monday, 3/2/98 This week we are featuring complete lunch menus and accompanying recipes from the cookbook Magic Menus for People with Diabetes, a calorie-controlled collection of the “best of” the award-winning Month of Meals series of menu planners. You can order a copy of this and many other cookbooks from our online bookstore or call 1-800-ADA-ORDER (1-800-232-6733). Lunch: 1 Broiled Open-Faced Vegetarian Sandwich 1 small banana Copyright Â© 1998 American Diabetes Association MC Fortmatted and MC Busted by Barb at PK Recipe by: American Diabetes
( Retrieved from http://www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com/index.html )
[tab title=”Cooking Time”]
Prep Time: 7-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-5 minutes
Yields 1 serving
: All lunch menus this week have about 450 calories total and include: 2-3 Starch servings 1-2 Meat or Meat Substitute servings 0-2 Vegetable servings 1 Fruit serving 1 Fat serving Total Fat — 15g Total Carbohydrate — 50g Protein — 22g Some menus have 1 Skim Milk serving instead of 1 Meat or 1 Starch serving. Or 1 Starch serving instead of the Fruit serving.
- 2 slices Italian bread; 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Reduced-calorie margarine
- Tomato slices
- Zucchini slices
- Onion slices
- Green pepper slices
- Garlic powder
- 2 ounces Part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Spread bread with 1 teaspoon margarine on each. Top with tomato, zucchini, onion, and green pepper slices. Sprinkle with garlic powder, basil, and pepper; top with cheese.
- Broil until browned on edges and cheese is melted.