Bed-Stuy Campaign Against Hunger is increasing individual allotment of food to help clientsendure the initial impact of the storm.
Our office and pantry will remain open today, January 22th, as long as the weather permits.
The National Weather Service has issued a citywide Blizzard Warning, which is in effect from Saturday, Jan. 23 until Sunday, January 24. The current forecast calls for 6-12 inches of snow.
New Yorkers are strongly advised to take steps to prepare. Visit the NYC Hazards: Winter Weather webpages for tips and information.
- Call 311 or contact 311 online for non-emergency situations.
- Call 911 if you are in immediate danger.
New Yorkers are encouraged to sign up for Notify NYC, the City’s free emergency notification system. Through Notify NYC, New Yorkers can receive phone calls, text messages, and/or emails alerts about severe weather events and other emergencies. To sign up for Notify NYC, visit Notify NYConline, call 311, or follow @NotifyNYC on Twitter.
For power-related issues, contact your utility provider:
- Con Edison 24-hour hotline: 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633)
- National Grid 24-hour hotline: 1-718-643-4050
- PSEG 24-hour hotline: 1-800-490-0025