This delicious rosemary garlic chicken recipe is done in under 20 minutes. Garlic and rosemary are such flavorful spices and add a lot of taste to any dish. Rosemary is a great dietary addition because it is rich in folic acid and vitamin A. ( Retrieved from http://www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com/index.html )
[tab title=”Cooking Time”]
Prep Time: 7-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yields 4 servings
Exchanges Per Serving:
2 1/2 Starch, 3 Meat, 1/2 Fat.
Calories 340; Calories from fat 19%; Total Fat 7g; Saturated Fat 1g; Protein 31g; Carbohydrates 36g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 290mg; Dietary Fiber 2g.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves = (abt 1 lb total)
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 3/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed, divided
- 1 can 33% less sodium chicken broth – (10 1/2 oz
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked Minute brown rice
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of the garlic powder and rosemary. Cover. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add broth and water to skillet; stir. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and rosemary. Top with chicken; cover. Cook on low heat 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.