SOURCE: Country Magazine, June/July 1994 POSTED BY: Jim Bodle 5/94 ( Retrieved from http://www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com/index.html )
[tab title=”Cooking Time”]
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: No cooking required
Yields 15 servings
: One serving (prepared with sugar free ice creamand sugar substitute) equals 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit; also, 183calories, 131 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol, 34 gm carbohydrate, 6 gmprotein, 4 gm fat.
- 1 Angel food cake (8 inches)
- 1/2 Gl Vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 qt Fresh strawberries
- Sugar or Sugar substitute to taste
- Cut the cake in half; tear one half into small pieces and set aside.
- Cut the other half into 12-14 thin slices; arrange in the bottom of a wax paper lined 13″ x 9″ x 2″ baking pan, overlapping as needed.
- Spread softened ice cream over cake, pressing down to smooth. Gently press the small cake pieces into the ice cream. Cover and freeze.
- Just before serving, slice strawberries and sweeten to taste. Cutdessert into squares and top with strawberries.