Source For Diabetic French Toast Recipe: The Complete Diabetic Cookbook by PJ Palumbo, MD and Joyce Daly Margie, MS. Posted by Dar Rains Servings: 8
( Retrieved from http://www.easy-diabetic-recipes.com/index.html )
[tab title=”Cooking Time”]
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7-10 minutes
Yields 8 servings; 1 slice each
Nutrient analysis of 1 slice:
1 starch/bread; 1 medium-fat meat exchange; 1 fat exchange; 205 Calories; 9 g protein; 12 g fat; 18 g carbohydrate; 374 mg sodium; 66 mg cholesterol.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Cornflakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup Wheat germ
- 1/4 cup Ground pecans
- 3 tbsp Margarine
- 8 slice Whole wheat bread
- Beat the eggs, orange juice, and salt in a flat bowl with a fork or whisk until blended.
- Mix the cornflakes, wheat germ, and nuts in a pie pan or cake pan.
- Heat the margarine in a large skillet. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and then into cornflake mixture, coating both sides.
- Place in skillet as many pieces as will fit comfortably in 1 layer (2 or 3 batches may be needed).
- Cook until brown on both sides, turning slices carefully with wide spatula. Keep finished toast warm if cooking more batches.